Sunday 3 May 2015

Mothers Day at Kindy Red


Today Reeve's class invited all the Mothers to stay for a special pamper session in celebration of Mother's Day. Before the activities were explained we sat and observed the children sing their morning song "Good Morning Mr Rooster". They took a roll call and then figured out the day and date for today. It was interesting to see Reeve interact. His little voice strained as he proudly sang the words. He continually looked back to me for an encouraging wink or thumbs up. 
For mothers day there were different stations that allowed to kids to paint nails, apply makeup, style hair, create jewelry, and paint a mothers portrait. Reeve was so excited as we stopped at each table and he took control of making me feel special and loved. From carefully selecting different colours for my nails to making sure I checked the mirrors as he did my makeup Reeve was so kind and nurturing. His answer to the questionnaire "about mum" were hilarious and his explanation of cooking spaghetti in his class cookbook was even funnier. As he painted my portrait he asked me to pose with my fingers in a peace sign, he was meticulous about which colours to use and explained each stroke to me. We sat together and beaded a new anklet for me to wear everyday. His fine motor skills are really improving. I was impressed with his confidence. As his personality develops I just can't help but feel excited about who he is becoming!
It was a great morning and as Reeve ate my chocolate muffin he looked up at me and smiled, saying "I love Mother's Day!". Me too son.. Me too!


the finished product

my new anklet

apparantly im 400yrs old and drink coffee

Kindy cookbook designed by the kids

Reeve's take on my spaghetti... interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment